This was by far the busiest year of my life. Let me try to make this in a list format in chronological order:
- Shifted departments at work.
- Traveled to Greensboro for an epic Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding.
- Honeymoon to St. Lucia.
- Moved out of the apartment of 1.5 years.
- Bought a house!
- Moved into that house. (A lot of work)
- Bought a Shicon (Shih-tzu and Bichon) and named him Luke! (After Luke Skywalker)
- Became a Wine Club members at Cooper’s Hawk. (Free bottle of wine each month.)
- Benched 225lbs for the first time in years.
- My niece Abby was born!
- Bought a PS4. My first game system in 5 years.
- Bachelor Party for my friend David.
- David gets married in October.
- Washington DC trip.
- Coming soon this year:
- Bachelor Party for a good friend of mine.
- Another very good friend of mine will be married at years end.
This is a long list. I’m really hoping this year is much more laid back. Now that we are in the house and settled, I think it will be a much less chaotic year. I do have a few personal goals I would like to achieve this year. Again not in any particular order:
- Learn to play the guitar. Aiming for 30 minutes a day.
- Bench 250lbs by years end and get 225lbs for 3 sets of 8 reps easily.
- Drop down to 175lbs again.
- Stress less and relax more. Should be easier this year.
- Listen to music more often.
- Read more books. I like books where I feel like I’m learning something.
There is probably more than I am thinking of here, but this is all that is coming to mind. I have always wanted to know how to play the guitar, especially the electric guitar. It is not an easy instrument to learn, but if I do it every day for 30 minutes to maybe an hour I think I’ll make good progress. Sarah has a list of goals as well. She definitely wants to start eating better more consistently, so that is another goal for 2019.
Panda Express – Chicken Teriyaki, Stringbean Chicken, Veggies
Knob Creek – Gift for my Manager
High Protein Bread and a Bang Rainbow Unicorn Energy Drink. The drink is 5 out of 10. Monster wipes the floor with this drink.
Gift from my manager! Fine Whiskey.
Steak and Sushi.
Zorbas Greek Med Platter.
Big D and Luke.
Zorbas Chicken Salad and huge Roll.
10 eggs with high protein bread.
Due to the holidays, I haven’t had much free time recently. Yesterday was the first day I’ve had to myself in a long time. I was still playing catchup with certain things I needed to get done and didn’t have a ton of time to relax until the end of the day.
It may sound negative, but I’m looking forward to the New Year and the end of the Holidays. It’s going to be a big year for Sarah and I since we are going to get married and buy a house in the not too distance future. It’s also expected to get busier at work which may or may not involve a shift change. I have a feeling time is going to fly by.
The Holidays were good though and we kind of had two holidays. One with Sarah’s family and one with mine. We went to Sarah’s for Christmas Eve / Day and went to my parents for New Years Eve / Late Christmas. It was fun and involved a lot of eating. Sarah and I are trying to lose a few pounds in the coming months before the wedding. This includes any weight we gained during the Holiday and some extra.
I also ended up paying my car off with money I saved from work and gift money for Christmas. I now have zero debt (as soon as the slow a$$ credit union processes the payment I sent them a week ago), which feels great. I wanted to get rid of all debt and maximize my savings for the future and for the house we are going to get. Mortgage payments will likely be way less than our rent payment at the moment, provided we can put down a big enough down payment.
My exercise and diet will likely continue the same as it was last year. I honestly have not put a ton of thought into a new plan for 2018. Other than the fact that I will reduce my calories and stop having so many cheat days on the weekends. I got Sarah to finally start tracking calories. Since she is so small to begin with, she has less “error calories” to play with and needs to be more strict to see results.
Cream Cheese rollups
Gift from Sarah’s Aunt Kathy
Which wich Black Bean burger
Casa Del Barco
Casa Del Barco
New Years Eve spread
Sarah and Bandi 😉