This was by far the busiest year of my life. Let me try to make this in a list format in chronological order:
- Shifted departments at work.
- Traveled to Greensboro for an epic Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding.
- Honeymoon to St. Lucia.
- Moved out of the apartment of 1.5 years.
- Bought a house!
- Moved into that house. (A lot of work)
- Bought a Shicon (Shih-tzu and Bichon) and named him Luke! (After Luke Skywalker)
- Became a Wine Club members at Cooper’s Hawk. (Free bottle of wine each month.)
- Benched 225lbs for the first time in years.
- My niece Abby was born!
- Bought a PS4. My first game system in 5 years.
- Bachelor Party for my friend David.
- David gets married in October.
- Washington DC trip.
- Coming soon this year:
- Bachelor Party for a good friend of mine.
- Another very good friend of mine will be married at years end.
This is a long list. I’m really hoping this year is much more laid back. Now that we are in the house and settled, I think it will be a much less chaotic year. I do have a few personal goals I would like to achieve this year. Again not in any particular order:
- Learn to play the guitar. Aiming for 30 minutes a day.
- Bench 250lbs by years end and get 225lbs for 3 sets of 8 reps easily.
- Drop down to 175lbs again.
- Stress less and relax more. Should be easier this year.
- Listen to music more often.
- Read more books. I like books where I feel like I’m learning something.
There is probably more than I am thinking of here, but this is all that is coming to mind. I have always wanted to know how to play the guitar, especially the electric guitar. It is not an easy instrument to learn, but if I do it every day for 30 minutes to maybe an hour I think I’ll make good progress. Sarah has a list of goals as well. She definitely wants to start eating better more consistently, so that is another goal for 2019.