I used to tryout every single protein powder on the face of the planet. I really enjoyed trying out all the different brands and flavors, especially since a lot of protein powders taste like dessert. One thing I noticed with protein powder is that it can add up fast. Some top brands may appear to be “cheap”, but you get much less servings and don’t get your money’s worth. For the past 2 years I haven’t bought any other protein besides Elite XT and below I list some reasons why I stuck with this brand.
- The Taste (Delicious) – This is number one because even if something was affordable, it doesn’t meant I would continue to buy it if it tasted like crap. The Fudge Brownie and Rich Vanilla taste awesome. They are much thicker than most proteins, so you can eat them as a stand alone snack rather than mixing them with a shake and drinking it. There are three other flavors which are Banana Nut, Blueberry Muffin and Rich Chocolate, but I haven’t tried them yet. I’m a fan of the neutral flavors as they tend to mix better with almost everything.
- The Value – A 4.4lb tub costs $30-35 depending if its on sale or not. The serving scoop is , so you end up getting over 60 servings per container. When it comes to protein powder, especially the kind that tastes good and isn’t overly cheap, this price is about as good as it gets. It lasts for several months before you have to buy it again and I use at least 2 scoops every day.
- The Quality – Elite XT is not a whey protein. Its a blended protein consisting of Casein, Whey and Egg protein. It also has added BCAA (branched chain amino acids), especially Leucine (the most anabolic BCAA). These ingredients make it vastly superior to standard whey proteins. Elite XT is released slowly over 12 hours so you get a steady stream of protein in the system. This is very good for people on diets because it stays with you longer. Again some proteins are on par with the quality of Elite XT, but they are much more expensive.
- Consistency – A lot of protein powders once they get popular start jacking up the price big time. Elite XT has held steady since I started using it. I also never get tired of the flavors either, which is why I never tried the other 3 flavors they make. If it ain’t broke dont fix it.
- Texture – This protein is much thicker than whey and almost every other protein I’ve tried except for Muscle Milk. If you mix it with just a little milk (3 TBS) it turns into a pudding that taste awesome. Many proteins don’t allow you to do this as they are very thin and just a little bit of milk turns it into soup.
Verdict – I will continue to stick by Elite XT as long as they sell it for the reasons listed above. I’m sure there are some better protein powders out there, but rest assure you will have to pay a pretty penny for it. Overall Elite XT has the best blend of benefits of any other brand I’ve tried so it has my loyalty.